Paul Robert George is married and has four daughters, they live in Motueka, where he is the Operations Manager for Alsco Linen. So far so good. He was born the year I left high school, which is frankly scary. Paul is also glowingly passionate about his industry, which shone through in his five minute address to the Texcare Federation NZ Conference on Saturday afternoon before Neville Bowan, Stacey James (Filterfab NZ) and the previous winner Graeme Notman retired to consider the three worthy delegates, which included Trisha Rogers (Sudsarella) and Daniel Fox (La Nuova Drycleaners).
In his Application, under Personal Profile /Personal Attributes Paul describes himself as Self-aware – always seeking to learn and grow. This opinion is backed up by his impressive record of training, listed below.
Energetic and physically fit, extremely reliable and dependable. Paul avers some of his best qualities for the job are that he identifies and develops opportunities, likes to innovate and makes things happen. He is decisive and results driven, analytical and questioning, a creative problem solver who strives for quality.
Paul has an impressive record of Training, Qualifications and Achievements, and actively trying to better himself.
• 1990- School Certificate – NZQA
• 1996- Laundry Technology Course – Research Institute Textile Services
• 2003- NC in Energy and Chemical Plant (Process Operation – Boiler Attendant) (Level 2) v2 – NZQA ROL ID No:0109093993
• 2005- JohnsonDiversey CGM award
• 2007- JohnsonDiversey CGM award
• 2014- Boiler Standard Certificate – Australian Boiler College – Lic No: 0003279938
• 2014- Basic First Aid
• 2016- Fire Warden
• 2016- Currently in training – Occupational Health and Safety Lv 1&2 taken on units to achieve Lv 3&4
• 2015 – present – Operations Manager – ALSCO Motueka
• 2011-2015 – General Manager – Cairns Laundry and Linen/South Pacific Laundry
• 2009-2011 – Laundry Specialist – Jasol Australia, Queensland
• 2005-2009 – Laundry Specialist – JohnsonDiversey, South Island
• 2003-2005 – Production Supervisor – ALSCO Napier
• 2000-2003 – Production Manager – Kleencare QSE
• 1997-2000 – Laundry Specialist – DiverseyLever, North Island
• 1991-1997 – Washroom Supervisor – NZTS, Napier / Christchurch
Paul’s work experience includes working under pressure and meeting the demanding deadlines inherent in Managing a commercial laundry operation. Mechanically minded he organised and controlled contractors during a large plant upgrade. He enjoys working as part of a team, effectively leading 75 staff to achieve daily targets over a wide geographic area.
We wish Paul all success in his Overseas Study Award in 2017, which includes the CleanShow in Las Vegas, and visits to laundries in America, Europe and the UK, as well as a visit to Andrew Textiles, parent company of Filterfab Pty. Ltd.
And we wish YOU all the best with your application in two years time.