World Educational Congress for Laundering and Drycleaning
June 20-23, 2019 New Orleans, Louisiana USA
CONTACT: Kayla Brown
Riddle & Associates
10 WAYS TO MAKE CLEAN 2019 WORK FOR YOU
At the world’s largest exhibition and education platform for the textile care industry, it is difficult to see and do everything at Clean 2019, but most people who attend have specific things they want to accomplish. The show is only held every two years, so you want to get as much as possible from the experience. Advance planning can give you a solid return on your investment of time and money and help keep your business running smoothly. Here are 10 ideas for maximizing your Clean 2019 visit.
1. Set specific goals. What do you want to accomplish? Is it purchasing or upgrading equipment, learning about new technologies, finding a solution to a business problem, or interacting with colleagues and friends? Prioritize what is important to you.
2. Develop an action plan. Search the Clean Show website, www.cleanshow.com, for the exhibitors and education that interest you most. Add these to your itinerary. Check the floor plan to locate the booths you want to visit. It will keep you on track and ensure that you meet your primary goals.
3. Learn in the classroom. Take advantage of the many educational sessions that are pertinent in today’s market. The morning classroom sessions and afternoon exhibit-floor sessions cover a multitude of industry-related topics for all segments of the industry. You would pay hundreds of dollars for these sessions in another setting, but they are included in your low Clean Show registration fee. Sessions are listed on www.cleanshow.com. Add those of interest to your itinerary.
4. Make advance appointments. For a product you are particularly interested in seeing, make advance appointments with the exhibitors of that product. This ensures that you will get one-on-one time.
5. Don’t miss the new stuff. Leave enough time in your plan to the visit as many booths as possible beyond your original plan. See what is new and exciting, and don’t miss the small booths. You might find a something that is just right for your operation.
6. Join the discussion. If you participate in Facebook or Twitter, connect with the Clean Show so you can be up to date on anything from Clean 2019 news to interesting facts about New Orleans.
7. Write it down. When the show is over, it can all seem like a jumble of information. Listening carefully and documenting important points in education sessions or exhibitor conversations can be invaluable in reviewing and analyzing your show experience. Use your phone or iPad, a notebook or write on the back of business cards for later reference.
8. Dress for comfort. New Orleans can get ery hot and humid in June. Wear light, comfortable clothes and comfortable walking shoes. You will walk miles on the exhibit floor. Travel light. Carry only what you absolutely need. Several exhibitors offer bags for carrying item you pick up along the way. If you gather too much literature, you can mail it home from the building’s business center.
9. Have some fun. New Orleans has a lot to see and do! Take a stroll around the world-famous French Quarter or take a ride on a streetcar to visit the renowned Garden District. See what’s new in the Warehouse district. In the evenings, enjoy the region’s outstanding cuisine and enjoy the jazz music that plays on every corner.
10. Educate your coworkers. When you return home, share your new knowledge with coworkers who did not attend Clean 2019. They will feel like they had a part in it and can apply the information to make your entire operation go smoothly.
# # #